Get help configuring, running and troubleshooting software

Moderator: slax

Ktorrent on Gnome, can't enable scripts.

Postby sarcastic_bastard » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 pm

I like Gnome. A lot. I also like KTorrent. It just seems to give me slightly more of what I want in a Torrent client than the alternatives. Even when using Mint or Ubuntu, I was running Ktorrent as my app of choice. Configurable, and friendly. Also now has scripts set in it to enable Email Notifications, Tracker Grouping, Automatic Resume, and Automatic Remove. And they don't seem to be able to be "enabled". At least not in PCLOS. Noticed the same issue when using Mandriva (Gnome) and KTorrent. The scripts show, but when you click on the checkbox, it seems to show a cross for a second, then vanish, leaving them disabled. Try repeatedly. Pull out hair. *sigh* No idea why it's doing this. The app works fine, and everything else seems able to tweak fine. Just can't enable these damn scripts, which, from memory, work fine on the full KDE desktop, and enable fine even on Ubuntu Gnome. But I don't want Ubuntu. I just want these to bloody work.

So, ideas/suggestions? If I've not made myself clear enough, please say, but I think I've described enough detail for most to follow. Help? :)
Remember this, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

"The thing about changing the world... is that once you do it, the world's all different."

Let's share our knowledge. Otherwise, what's the point?
sarcastic_bastard

Re: Ktorrent on Gnome, can't enable scripts.

Postby don_crissti » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:54 pm

You know you can always run it in terminal and post the output here... :wink:
My knowledge on KDE = 0 ... but, from what I gather, if you want those (python) scripts to work you need krosspython installed. It is part of python-kde4.
Those who cling to life, die; those who defy death, live.
Uesugi Kenshin
don_crissti

Postby sarcastic_bastard » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:02 am

ahhh, ta for that mate, will try it shortly, soon as I finish what I'm doing. Didn't realise this bit, so it might be vital. Cheers, will report the results back. :)

"The thing about changing the world... is that once you do it, the world's all different."

sarcastic_bastard

Postby sarcastic_bastard » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 am

Ok, got impatient, went to the machine and installed python-kde4 , and also (just for reference) you'll need to install the oxygen theme and icon set if you plan on actually being able to see something not completely ugly. :p

But yeah, that seemed to fix it, ta mate. :)

sarcastic_bastard

Forum Statistics